Wednesday, 4 July 2007

2.5 Hours to Choose Pots & Pans!

30th June 2007 - Hb and I went to Jalan Sultan to hunt for bamboo chicks and curtain stuffs. As usual, the weather was warm and I was so glad I had my portable fan with me! Decided to get our bamboo chicks (for the balcony) at Jurong West in the end, so off we went to CK Tang~!

Believe it or not, we actually spent a good 2.5 hours there deciding which frying pan and saucepan to buy! The Tefal promoter asked what is our main purpose for buying a pot and we happily chirped,"Cook maggie mee lor!" Wahahahahhaa and guess what? The auntie started on a mini cooking lesson for us.... telling us how and what to cook blah blah blah! Then she asked us our purpose for getting a pan, and again, we said, "To fry egg lah!" Wahahahaha and that earned us another mini cooking lesson! Wanted to get the set initially but in the end decided not to as the pan was too big for my liking. In the end, we only bought a 26cm frying pan from Tefal. Yes, without the saucepan, cos I didn't like the cover (Very hard to clean the edges). Just as we were making our way to the bedding section, we saw a Meyer saucepan going on sale about $39 after discount and its the perfect size for cooking our maggie mee, so we bought it! Yay! Settled our frying pan and saucepan. Will shop for the wok next time after I do more "research"! Bought a Jean Perry king size mattress protector as well, haha!





Total Damage: $100.13


- Phebe

No comments: